Thursday, September 1, 2011

MacRitchie Reservoir Reflection

This particular outing was much different from my previous experiences with science outings. This would be because this time it was more of an experimental kind of field trip. The kind that field work that many environmentalist do to survey how things have changed. My previous kind of field trip would just be taking a walk through science center or something, without any experiments at all, to put it simply,it was a school lesson in a posh lecture hall with air conditioning.
This MacRitchie trail was much more fun and enjoyable since me and my group was given a experimental kit which had experimental equipment that helped us to test many things, such as the salinity of water. Moreover, it has shown us the true and most important experimental tool is actually our eyes, how we observe our surroundings, how we see how things change. Like some people have told me, you are looking but you are not seeing, I have seen the result of this statement that day.
This outing was special and had taught me lessons that normal theory in class would not. I have seen the importance of exposure in this field trip, be it to nature or to the human world itself as they can change at anytime and could bring about a huge impact to our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment