Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lab Work Reflection

Lab work was one of the more fun things in science lessons than compared to the usual theory that we have. It required application to what we know and also some discipline, which I struggle with, to know when to properly use the lab equipment and when not to use it, or play with it.
Term 1, in my opinion, had one of the most anticipated lab experiments. Having grown up watching variety shows where scientist mix chemicals on shows, making interesting effects out of an everyday liquid, really sparked off my interest. Even though the lab work in that term wasn't that exaggerated, I still felt that it was a really good experience.
Term 2 didn't have any lab lessons. The reasons were really clear. There was no practical needed for biology.
Term 3 did have some lab work, though it was only related to light itself. This really did show me a lot more about light that I had expected. Especially in textbooks where it states 'Light is refracted' and a drawn diagram is drawn for us, it really makes me wonder how it really looks like in reality. Lab work did show me materially what the textbook had explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment